For use with Lansky Sharpening Systems. These color-coded sharpening hones are designed for comfortable, slip-resistant use. Choose from six different grits:
- Extra-Coarse Grit (Black): super fast cutting stone cuts away large amounts of steel from extremely dull, deteriorated edges. (Lansky Item # S0070)
- Coarse Grit (Red): used to start edges on all types of knives.(Lansky Item # S0120)
- Medium Grit (Green): excellent for keeping a fine edge sharp edge on all knives. (Lansky Item #S0280)
- Fine Grit (Blue w/ Red stone): for touching up and finishing a sharp edge. (Lansky Item # S0600)
- Ultra-Fine Grit (Yellow): this high alumina ceramic stone is used only on blades that are already extremely sharp. (Lansky Item # S1000)
- Final Polishing (Super Sapphire) Grit (Blue w/ White stone): used for the final polishing of an already sharp blade to achieve the ultimate finish. (Lansky Item # S2000)
These hones do not include the Lansky Replacement Guide Rods which are sold separately.