The Lansky Soft Arkansas Stones are natural stones that do the trick when you want a sharp edge quickly. The Soft Arkansas is great for general sharpening purposes. Use it on your chisels, plane blades, axes, and other tools. Available in either 6" x 2" or 8" x 2" sizes.
The Lansky Soft Arkansas Stones are cut from carefully selected novaculite, and mounted on a wood block for greater sharpening ease and hand protection. A Soft Arkansas Benchstone is perfect for sharpening pocket knives, kitchen knives, hunting and fishing knives, utility knife blades, cutting tools for gardening, woodworking tools, and other pointed implements.
1. Select the proper stone for your edge.
• Soft- To maintain an already sharp edge
• Hard- To hone/polish a finished edge
2. Set the stone on a stable, flat surface.
3. Lubricate the stone’s surface using Nathan’s Honing Oil®.
4. Observe the bevel angle on the blade you intend to sharpen. Then, bring the edge to the stone matching your sharpening angle to the bevel angle.
5. Using light pressure, push the edge of the blade across the stone in one motion, much like trying to slice a thin layer off the top of the stone. Maintaining a consistent angle is essential for the best results.
6. Repeat process 3-4 times on one side of the blade, then switch to the other side and repeat.
7. Repeat this process until edge is sharp.
8. Make sure to clean your stones after each use. Store in a cool dry place.