Fundamentals of Sharpening - Straight Talk for Today's Woodworker
Sharpening woodworking tools is a task many put off until it is absolutely necessary. Learn how to embrace the fun and essence of sharpening tools, and why regular attention to sharpening can increase efficiency and improve quality. This book contains techniques for keeping hand tools like saws, chisels, gouges, and planes razor sharp. It also shows how to extend the life of power tools with well maintained blades and bits.
120 pages. Soft cover. Back to Basics series published by Fox Chapel Publishing.
Book includes the following topics an easy-to-understand format:
- How to embrace the fun and essencce of sharpening instead of looking at it as a joyless "rainy-day" duty
- How and why regular attention to sharpening can increase efficiency and improve quality
- Techniques for keeping hand tools like saws, chisels, gouges, and planes razor sharp
- Extending the life of power tools with well-maintained blades and bits
- An illustrated gallery of tools and accessories and dozens of helpful sharpening tips and tricks