The Complete Illustrated Guide to Sharpening has more than 750 photos and drawings to help guide you through the sharpening process of sharpening literally dozens of different tools and knives. If you are a visual learner but like to learn from a book, this is a very good book.
The Complete Illustrated Guide to Sharpening was written by Thomas Lie-Nielsen. You may know his name as the founder of Lie-Nielsen Toolworks. Despite his focus on woodworking tools, the book covers many more sharpening topics than just woodworking tools. The chapters below show the many different topics covered in the book.
Written by Thomas Lie-Nielsen. Published by Fox Chapel Publishing. 216 glossy, full-color pages.
Complete Illustrated Guide to Sharpening - Sections
- Section 1 - Steel
- Section 2 - Abrasives
- Section 3 - Machines for Sharpening
- Section 4 - Sharpening Kits
- Section 5 - Jigs and Fixtures
- Section 6 - Gauges and Knives
- Section 7 - Planes
- Section 8 - Chisels
- Section 9 - Spokeshaves and Beading Tools
- Section 10 - Scrapers
- Section 11 - Drills
- Section 12 - Handsaws
- Section 13 - Axes and Adzes
- Section 14 - Carving Tools
- Section 15 - Turning Tools
- Section 16 - Power Tools