6" x 1" Paper Sharpening Wheel Kit
Use to Sharpen:
- Carving Tools
Two laminated paper wheels give a polished razor edge to items like scissors and knives. Both wheels fit on any ordinary bench grinder motor with capable of using 6” diameter wheels. These wheels work best on high speed motors capable of 3450 to 3600 rpm.
First, coat the Silicon Carbide Grinding Wheel with reddish-yellow conditioning grease, then use The Grinding Wheel to create a burr on the tool.
Next, add some white buffing compound to the Slotted Wheel and use it to polish the burr off.
This process provides a polished razor’s edge at any angle up to 50°. The kit has enough extra grit to re-coat the wheel about 3 times. It usually sharpens 100 to 300 blades before resurfacing is needed.
- One Silicon Carbide Coated Grinding Wheel
- One Slotted Buffing Wheel
- Conditioning Grease for Silicon Carbide Wheel (reddish-yellow)
- Buffing Compound for Slotted Wheel (white)
- Extra 220 Grit Silicon Carbide for Reconditioning Grinding Wheel
- Two adapter sleeves for 1/2" Arbors
- Complete Instructions
6" Diameter x 1" Width x 5/8" Arbor (with adapters to 1/2")