The Dia-Sharp® line of DMT® diamond stones feature a continuous diamond surface attached to heavy duty nickel and steel backed surface. The diamond surface is ground to be very flat. These DMT Dia-Sharp stones are some of the easiest and most versatile stones available. This style of diamond stone is preferred when sharpening small or pointed tools where other stones can get gouged by the pointed tips.
This diamond stone measures 8" long and 3" wide. The size is plenty large for most tools and knives. Includes four rubber feet to keep the stone in place during sharpening.
Available in extra coarse, coarse, fine, and extra fine. Made in the USA
The DMT Dia Sharp line is available in all of the standard DMT grits (Extra Coarse, Coarse, Fine, Extra Fine). When used together, these grits can turn a very dull edge into a truly sharp edge.
- D8X - Extra Coarse Grit (220 grit) for fast sharpening of very dull edges.
- D8C - Coarse Grit (325 grit) for sharpening of dull edges or to refine after using the extra coarse.
- D8F - Fine Grit (600 grit) for refining coarsely sharpened edges or sharpening only moderately dull edges.
- D8E - Extra Fine Grit (1200 grit) for putting a very fine edge on a nearly sharp tool.
- Purchase all 4 grits and save. D8 Dia-Sharp Diamond Kit
The continuous surface helps the tool slide over the stone without catching an edge and damaging the stone or the tool point. We recommend using this stone when using pointed tools or just prefer the continuous diamond surface.
Other Grits Available for Specific Uses:
- D8XX - Extra Extra Coarse Grit (120 grit) for extremely fast metal removal.
- D8ME - Medium Extra Fine Grit (4000 grit) for finishing a very fine edge.
- D8EE - Extra Extra Fine Grit (8000 grit) for the finest possible diamond stone edge.
- Raises the stone off the work surface to make knife sharpening easier
- No-slip rubber feet keep stone in place during sharpening
- Adjusts to fit a wide variety of stones (6.5" to 8.5" wide) including the stone sold above